Skip to content
- RSVP is designed to operate with current and future unicast and multicast routing protocols.
- RSVP is only concerned with the QoS of those packets that are forwarded in accordance with routing.
- RSVP request = <flowspec, filterspec>
- flowspec includes (1) an “Rspec”(R for ‘reserve’) that defines the desired QoS, and (2) a “Tspec”(T for traffic) that describes the data flow.
- filterspec: sender IP address and optionally the UDP/TCP port number SrcPort.
- Examples of Styles(1.4)
- Path Messages(3.1.3) The format of a Path message